Search This Blog

Monday 16 April 2012

An Imaginary Situation

Turning Away

Lying quietly, carefully,
Body rigid, not touching,
Willing her not to wake,
Fearing any response to my body’s warmth,
Selfish solely for my own sake. 

Dreading any physical contact,
Lest she rouse and realise
The coldness of my touch,
The acting, the pantomime,
For this girl I once wanted so much. 

This love thing could never last,
It just wasn’t meant to be.
Such a shallow, sordid affair,
My affections have wandered,
And I know I no longer care. 

Perhaps she feels the same way,
Or has picked up the signals?
Maybe she already knows,
Of my indifference?
Or somehow my guilt shows? 

Not long till this is over,
And I can leave this bed for the last time,
And make my way across town,
Where a young girl with blonde hair,
Waits for me to make her my own.

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2012

No comments: