Search This Blog

Monday 27 July 2015

Enough

Enough

How long can this go on?
You came, unbidden, two weeks ago
Without welcome
And stayed to torment me
Day after miserable day
Always making out
That you were ready to go
At any moment
To let me breathe again
And give me back my energy
And let things be
The way they were before

And yet you’re still here!
Can’t you see I’m sick of you?
You’re bringing me down
And choking me
Can’t eat, can’t sleep
Whilst you hang around
My head is thick and throbbing
And my chest wheezes
Every limb aching
As my body uses every cell
To fight back
And requests you, firmly, to leave

The medicine cabinet’s empty
Since I rifled the cures and the drugs
Seeking for any relief
From your unpleasant effects
Now I can’t think straight
And everything’s too hard
To manage any more
Enough is enough!
Be gone, foul visitor
Your departure’s overdue!
Go find someone else to impose on
And leave me to crawl back to bed


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2015

No comments: