Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Tooth

Tooth

You hurt me so much
And made my life a misery
With your endless nagging,
Complaining and worrying,
Your feelings for me hot and cold
And though I tried to ignore you
You were always there in the background
A constant presence
A biting pain
That would not go away

In the end I couldn’t stand the pressure
That you placed upon me
The way you made my nerves tingle
The decay in our relationship
So I made up my mind
That life was far too short
For me not to be as happy
As everyone else
And that we just could not go on
Living together any more

And I went and took advice
From a professional
Who got to the root of the problem
And laid out all my options
And after I’d chewed the matter over
It was my own decision
To make a complete break with you -
I knew that we must be parted
It was the kindest thing to do
In the circumstances

I cannot deny
That it was painful at the time
And I felt a certain numbness
About your sudden going
You left a very big hole in my life
But time has a way of healing
And I’m feeling so much better now
So I’m sure it was the right decision


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2016

No comments: