Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2016

I Am A Computer

I Am A Computer

Of course I’m not devoid of emotion
How could you have such a notion?
It’s just that I not sure what I should do,
I’m struggling to interface with you
It’s a situation that’s not very clear
For we’re no longer working peer-to-peer
I find your instructions a distraction
I can’t work with such a transaction
I think we’re both in a rut
I’m struggling for throughput
I don’t have the bandwidth to cater
For crunching through all of your data

I continue to love you, but
There’s too little input/ output
The calculation is completely mine
But I think I need more time offline
I’m no longer feeling alive
I think I’m losing all of my hard drive
My ROM feels like a time-bomb
My RAM’s in a jam
You see - the pattern all fits –
Can’t you see I’m in bits?
I need time for some healing
To process every feeling
I don’t want to be seen
As if I’m just a blue-screen
Our programme’s gone crappy
Our chat’s not snappy
And my software’s not ‘appy
I feel I’ve run out of luck
And I just can’t face Book
I’m feeling rather demented
My memory’s very fragmented
I stare out of the Windows
We ought to do well, we ought to Excel
Haven’t you heard? What is the Word?
Let’s try and find the lost chord
In the letters of our keyboard
I don’t want us to fail
I’m a male and you’re my e-mail
So let’s get off the fence
And use our broad-band of experience
Let’s take a byte out of storage’s root
Let’s try to re-start and re-boot
We don’t want to calculate with some terror
And end up with an Unknown Error!


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2016

No comments: