Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Rebounding

Rebounding

I simply cannot lie quite still
And take the heavy weight
Bearing down upon me
Allowing myself to be crushed
The breath choked out of me
Until blackness overcomes

Nor will I be defeated
Or lose my self-belief
Nor have my spirit broken
For I will fight back every time
Against defeat and disappointment
Despair and deep depression
And I will get back up
And lift up my eyes
To stare back into the faces
Of those who dare to put me down

I will re-new, re-start, re-boot
Re-fresh and re-assess
Taking in my stride
Whatever weighs upon me
Re-framing things
In their right proportion
And regain correct perspective

For I am better than this
So I will dust off the dirt of disappointment
And reassert my determination
Showing my resilience
By picking up the fallen pieces
And replacing the rose-tinted glasses
Upon my smiling face


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2016

No comments: