Search This Blog

Saturday 27 January 2018

Dave

Dave

Collar turned up, usual style,
Clothes and hair that’s the latest,
In the best possible taste,
Fashion that’s all the rave,
That’s my modern mate Dave.

He looks a bit shifty, I guess,
A bit of a wide-boy, if I’m honest,
Thriving on ducking and diving,
But his company I always crave –
That’s my magic mate Dave.

Never sure just what he does,
Or how he makes any money,
Deceiving, bobbing and weaving.
Dismisses it all with a wave,
That’s my murky mate Dave.

He comes and he goes,
Seeing a man about a dog,
Dubious trades, not sure if they’re legal.
Fortune favours the brave:
That’s my moody mate Dave.

That’s the way he lives his life:
Trading, selling, bits of this and that,
Import, export, the usual stuff,
That’s how he’ll go to his grave -
My mysterious mate Dave.


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2018

No comments: