Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Three tampons


Three tampons

I was clearing out the cupboard yesterday
When I found the small green rucksack
The one we used to take when we went out walking
The one I kept when we went our separate ways
And I thought that I would use it once again
So I cleaned it up, and cleared it out
And there inside, within the hidden inner pocket,
I found three tampons that you must have packed
One time, long ago, in case of any accident
Not to be caught short, bleeding, in the countryside
And it made me think how time soon slips by
How easily we forget things, the provisions we once made,
How things that we expected do not come to pass
And how simply one can throw things in the trash
And start again without a second thought
A fresh period in one’s life

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2018

No comments: