Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 August 2018

God Throws In The Towel


God Throws In The Towel

Come and listen to me, you sinners,
And I’ll tell you this for beginners -
Here’s a situation without any winners.

You lot never listen, so here’s a prod -
I’m getting fed-up of sitting here on my tod,
So I’ve decided to jack it all in as Lord God.

You might think it’s a doddle being divine,
But it’s boring, and not everything’s fine,
And that’s why I’ve decided to resign.

It’s a big vacancy that I’ll be freeing,
Cause it’s ever so tiring being all-seeing,
To say nothing of acting the Supreme Being.

For all eternity I’ve been celibate:
It’s been lonely up here with no mate,
Apart from that slip-up with Mary on our last date.

Anyway, I think it would be for the best,
Cos by now you’ve probably guessed,
Frankly – I’ve completely lost interest!

I’m the Ancient Of Days, and I’m tired,
And, though I know I can never be fired,
I think a new guy should be interviewed and hired.

I hate to be leaving you all in the lurch,
But I’m totally hacked off with the Church,
So for a successor you’ll need to get on with the search.

So it’s all over, and enough is enough.
Finding a new Father might be quite rough,
But that’s your bloody problem now – tough!

Just one piece of advice, I say with a great howl:
I know that I’m the one throwing in the towel,
But for the sake of Me, don’t get Simon Cowell!

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2018

No comments: