Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 December 2019

The Fairy On The Christmas Tree


The Fairy On The Christmas Tree

I’m the Fairy on The Christmas Tree
I stare down from way up high
And my dress is so very pretty
It almost makes the children cry

I’m the brightest of all the baubles
I’m quite the darling sight
I’m the crowning decoration
And I twinkle in the light

I’m the Fairy on the Christmas tree
Without me, Christmas wouldn’t be the same
But though they put me up each year
They still haven’t given me a name

Sometimes the tinsel gets up my nose
And the needles fall like rain
The smell of pine gets bloody irritating
And it brings upon my migraine

I’m the Fairy on the Christmas tree
But it’s not all glamour – please take pity
There’s a downside to this job
Indeed one aspect is quite shitty

The twinkling lights can get on your nerves
With each bulb that flashes and flickers
And I can tell you it’s not much fun
Having a six-foot Christmas tree shoved inside your knickers


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2019

No comments: