Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Men In Suits

Men In Suits

Though I’ve been accused of being a shirker

I’ve never felt threatened by a woman wearing a burkha

Or accused of being a blue meanie

By a girl sporting a burkini

And though some say that the hijab, or a niqab

May appear unappealing and drab

Or that there’s not much going for

Those confined to a chador

That something may be lax

For those in yashmaks

That nuns wearing wimples

May be hiding their dimples

Or even a bad case of pimples

I simply don’t get the thing about terror

I think it’s more of a social error

 

You see - there’s no airs and graces

With those choosing to cover their faces

And I have to report sadly

That none of them treated me as badly

As those who dress up in posh suits

With nice knotted ties, and shiny boots

Like those politicians – the wankers

The City institutions and bankers

Who caused me distress an’

Presided over major recession

Caused mayhem and civil dissension

And thoroughly buggered up my pension

Or turned me straight down for a loan

And talked to me with condescending tone

Or lied to the nation over the despatch box

Then never forced to stand in the dock

With intelligence that he swore

Forced us to go immediately to war

 

No – the real baddies are in plain sight

And take particular delight

In exercising their power by law

Using the system – that’s what it’s for!

So let’s fight back using a different route

Show the buggers that we do give a hoot

Relieve them of their ill-gotten loot

Let’s reform things, branch and root

And ban anyone who’s wearing a suit!

 

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: