Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 May 2021

(I'll) Do It Tomorrow

(I’ll) Do It Tomorrow

I’m not one for procrastination,

Not wishing to cause myself any sorrow,

But there are a few things that I’d like to put off,

Cause I can always do them - Tomorrow.

 

Tomorrow’s a wonderful day,

In fact my favourite day of the week,

For Tomorrow never actually arrives,

So we never need climb up that particular peak.

 

Tomorrow - I’ll do the washing and ironing,

I might even get round to the cleaning,

I could mow the lawn, or get into the garden,

Before life loses all of its meaning.

 

Tomorrow - I’ll put new batteries into the clock,

Or possibly fit a new washer onto the tap.

Is it worth me learning to play the guitar,

When my previous attempts were so terribly crap?

 

Tomorrow - I might finally weaken,

And concede that I’ll have to empty the bin -

There’s only so many ways you can squash it down,

In a futile attempt to cram yet more in!

 

Tomorrow - I’ll throw that yoghurt out of the fridge -

It’s growing penicillin if the truth be to tell.

I’m never going to be  bio-chemist,

And the kitchen is starting to smell.

 

Tomorrow - I swear I’ll read the instructions,

For all the appliances and things that I own.

There’s a huge pile of the tedious things,

And my collection has certainly grown.

 

Tomorrow - I’ll pay off the credit-card bill,

Avoid interest, and pay off the balance in full.

I could even complete my tax return,

But that would be incredibly dull!

 

Tomorrow - I’ll start eating a sensible diet,

And start to cut down my consumption of beer.

I’ll reserve the option to start my exercise regime -

The path to better health’s too obvious and clear.

 

Tomorrow - I’ll apply for a stair-lift,

Or perhaps invest in funeral plan.

There’s always a chance I’ll get round to it,

Before I finally go down the pan. 

 

Tomorrow - I might get into religion,

Look into eternity and all of that.

Tomorrow - I’ll seek out the Jehovah’s Witnesses,

And ask them to pop round for a chat!

 

Tomorrow - I’ll read right through “Ulysses”,

Then tackle Tolstoy’s classic “War & Peace”.

Tomorrow - I’ll admit I’ve been wrong about something,

Tomorrow!  Tomorrow! Wonders might never cease!

 

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: