Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 January 2014

So Here We Go Again...

So here we go again - another New Year.  365 days to get through, or a blank set of pages to be written upon.  Glass half full, or glass half empty? Seems that we can all choose which sort of year to make it.  It will be happy or sad, empty or fulfilling according to how we choose to think about it, rather than how external influences appear to "create" it.

Given that we all have this choice, I'm going to choose to make it a good year.  I've made some New Year resolutions, all focussed on making my life more enjoyable and fulfilling. They're not about negatives, or giving things up, or stopping doing stuff - they're about positive actions which will (hopefully) produce better outcomes for me and mine.  Sure, there's a few things that need some taking care of, or sorting out, but I'm not going to make them the centre of what I'm about to do. They can go on the Action List, rather than on the Life List.

There's no particular reason that the First of January should be the time to do these things.  After all, these time intervals and anniversaries and special dates are only arbitrary human creations of modern society.  We can start and stop anytime we like.  But I'll do it with everyone else simply because it's an easily-memorable and convenient date. Project start-date, as it were.  Might as well be today as any other day.

Anyway - hope your project runs well.  I'm sure mine will.

No comments: