Search This Blog

Friday 18 September 2015

Hanging On

Hanging On

The frustration of not being able to get through, to send & receive clearly, on demand, but to be at the mercy of technology, time & cyberspace.

I thought it was meant to be progress?
This stuff they call technology?
My smart-phone’s turned into a dumb-phone,
And 4G’sjust  a piece of kidology.

I don’t want to download, I don’t want to upload,
I don’t want to jabber in code:
I just want to talk to the bloke who lives down the road.

This lack of signal’s a pain, I’m giving myself wrist-sprain
I’m going insane, whilst trying to gain
The position to “send” once again

I’d be in my element, I’d become a real gent
If this text could be sent
But instead I’m reduced to railing
Cos the damned thing keeps failing
The designer of this should be quailing
If I got near him he’d be wailing
I’d want the bugger jailing

I get really riled, each time when I’ve dialled
One of the numbers I’ve filed
When it says it’s unknown, then it fails with a groan
And I can’t find a dial-tone, or enough bars on the phone

I’ll admit that I’ve cried, whenever I’ve tried
To follow the User Guide, then I get “Access Denied”
I’ve even tried bending
To improve the chances of sending
It’s my money I’m spending
But the damned things always offending
My hair I’m tearing and rending
The problems are never-ending
And my messages and calls are tending
To a status of “pending”

Why can’t I get through? 
What am I supposed to do?
I think I should sue!
I’m clearly stating, that this situation I’m hating
I’m fed up of waiting, the problem’s never-abating
It shouldn’t fail, it’s not the Holy Grail!
Not on this scale, it’s beyond the pale
So I think I’ll give up and go back to email


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2015

No comments: