Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Some Alternative Christmas Cards

Some Alternative Christmas Cards(for when you just can’t find the card that says exactly what you really want)

Thank-you for your awful present

Thanks for that dreadful gift you bought me
It really made me awfully sad
I guess it cannot have cost you very much
So I’ve bought you one that’s just as bad!

May it bring you the misery of the season
It’s just what you deserve you fool
Here’s wishing you what you’ve got coming
So let’s both not bother next Yule.

On finding that the turkey will not fit in the oven

You looked so attractive in the shop
But now I cannot shut the oven door
There’s bits and pieces sticking out
And there’s stuffing falling onto the floor

I don’t care about the pigs in blankets
The roast potatoes I can wait to scoff
But I think I’ve solved the problem now
By cutting your bloody legs off.

On discovering Santa leaving presents

I know you’ve got a busy night
With so many kiddies you’re needing to see
Leaving them their long-wanted presents
Neatly stacked under the tree.

But did you have to force your way down our chimney?
Couldn’t you have remained silent and aloof?
And did you have to tread soot into the carpet?
And park that heavy sleigh up on the roof?

Now the house is collapsing around us
You’ve dropped all the family in a right hole
So gather up your piggin’ reindeer
And bugger off back to the North Pole!

On being invited round to the in-laws

Thanks so much for your kind invitation
To come to your house on Boxing Day
I know you’ve got to eat up the leftovers,
But surely there must be another way?

Cos we all agree that Grandma’s not nice to sit with
Not only that, but she’s smelly
Frankly I’d rather stop home at our place
And watch the hours of shite on the telly.

Thanks (to the vicar) for midnight mass

Thanks Your Reverence for the service last night
It’s almost impossible for me to believe
That so many people could pack out the church
And throw up in the pews on Christmas Eve

I suppose an excess of booze is to blame
So much vomit to be mopped down the drain
I don’t envy you as I languish at home
As today you get to do it all over again.

I’ll bet you’re glad Christmas comes but once a year
It’s tough being a vicar, but what can I say?
You signed up for this lark of working on Sundays
At least you can kick your shoes off till it’s Good Friday!

Season’s Greetings To The Supermarkets

Thanks for stocking all the things I needed for Christmas
Those goodies didn’t appear one moment too soon
I’m grateful that you got them all in so early
I really needed my Christmas cake way back in June!

It’s great that you’re open extra early and late
On your supply-chain you’ve exerted your powers
So we can stock up for a two week siege
Even though you’re only closed for twelve hours!

And I’ll be back in again on Boxing Day morning
Taking advantage of sale prices that are almost a gift
To help you get rid of the seasonal stock
That otherwise you’d have a problem to shift!

Get Well Soon

So sad to learn you’re having trouble -
Your flatulence comes in gusty bouts.
But it’s probably all your own fault
For eating one too many sprouts.

For Brussels can be the cause of many troubles
On this subject my poor heart grieves
I understand that this is what happens
If you swallow all the leaves


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2017 

No comments: