Search This Blog

Monday 30 March 2020

The Great Indoors


The Great Indoors

So here I am in the Great Indoors
Staring across the wide and empty space
Trekking through the lonely Dining Room
Towards the vacant Kitchen place

I’m travelling around my Living Room
I’m having a long soak in the tub
I’m watching Coronavirus Street
Where they still gather in the old pub

Gazing through the grimy windows
Outside at the vast unblinking sky
I’m waving the white flag of surrender
This self-insulation’s gone rather dry

I’m walking round and round the garden
Staying at home and doing my bit
Feeling a sense of social isolation
And quarantine’s feeling a bit shit

When this is all over we’ll have a great party
Hugging and kissing a-plenty
I’m returning this year as defective
Already had enough of Twenty-Twenty!

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2020

No comments: