Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 April 2021

Do I Have To?

Do I Have To?

Do I have to come out of Lockdown?

I’d just got used to being all on my own

Everybody else is going out again

And there’s nobody left for me to phone

 

There’s lots of inoculated people out there

They think they’re safe and acting all gung-ho

They’re sitting outside and drinking

And hugging everyone that they know

 

But I’ve got into a new routine now

Changing my habits just doesn’t seem right

Planning my whole evening watching TV

And going to bed early each night

 

Now I’m feeling a new anxiety

Having to make decisions about where to go

Being stuck in the house was so much easier

And I think I’ve got back my symptoms of FOMO

 

The whole adventure looks risky to me

No-one’s bothered about face, hands and space

I’ve got used to shouting through the letter-box

Not sure I’m yet ready to leave the old place

 

I’m told that deaths and infections are decreasing

Apparently the “R” number is going down

But to be honest - I don’t give a toss for statistics

So I think I’ll just stay here on my own!

 

Life under Lockdown was so much simpler

When we had no freedom to roam

So lock me back up, and throw away the key

And – please! - force me to stay home!


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

 

 

No comments: