Search This Blog

Friday 17 June 2022

It

“It” 

I was born in the Fifties

Ten years after the end of the war

So my hormones were all going bonkers

Throughout the Sixties and Seventies

Which was when I became obsessed with… “It”

 

Magazines featured the “It” Girl

Smart people were drinking Gin and “It”

The hippies wanted to know Did I Dig “It”?

But my mind was on a different track…

I didn’t know what “It” was exactly

But I knew that I certainly wanted “It”

And my whole social life revolved around “It”

Out there with the lads, giving “It” some

At dances and discos in pursuit of “It”

Thinking about “It”, talking about “It”

And we admired the girls who had “It”

Though nobody could agree just what “It” was

But we knew whether they had “It” or not

And we despised the ones who were reputed to put “It” about a bit

The girls who’d do “It” with anyone

All the same I wanted to meet just one who wanted “It”

Who was ready for “It” and who’d do “It” with me

Who wouldn’t tell me to Stuff “It”

Who thought that I had “It” too

Until at last “It” finally happened….

 

And after we’d done “It”

And “It” was all over

I decided that I certainly loved “It”

And I wanted to do “It” again and again

She said “It” would be alright

Even if there was an accident

She would keep “It”, not lose “It”

And we’d bring “It” up together

And that’s how “It” was…

 

But “It” was all so long ago

Now “It’s” nearly over and I’m advancing in years

So much of “It’s” a distant memory

So hard to believe I ever had “It” at all

Whatever “It” was

I think “It’s” got up and gone

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2022

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: