Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2022

But It's OK

But It’s OK

Yes, that’s mine, the one with the engine running

Won’t be a minute, then I’ll be gone

Sorry about blocking the way through

But it’s OK – I’ve got my hazards on!

 

Yes, I know there’s two kids in the back,

My girl Jocasta, and the baby’s Yvonne

They’ll be alright just for a few seconds

I know – because I’ve got my hazards on!

 

I’m only slipping in to Costa for a latte

It’s no use arguing with me, John

It might be on double yellow lines

But it’s fine – I’ve got me hazards on!

 

It’s way too far from the car-park

There’s no other spaces – absolutely none

Look - I’m in a rush and I’m busy

Can’t you see? – I’ve got me hazards on!

 

My personalised number shows I’m important

And a lot wealthier than you are, Ron!

There’s little chance the wardens’ll get me

No chance – not with me hazards on!

 

Well just get your head round it then

I’m untouchable – that you can depend upon!

I can put my Chelsea Tractor where I please

Just get used to it – cos I’ve my hazards on!

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2022

No comments: