Search This Blog

Thursday 15 December 2022

Paranoid @ Christmas

Paranoid @ Christmas

Finished with my turkey

'cause I couldn’t stuff it any more

People think I'm insane

Because I find Christmas such a chore

 

All day long I think of sprouts

But they don’t seem to satisfy

Think I'll lose my appetite

If I don't find something to get me by

Can you help me? Rich giblet gravy? Oh yeah!

 

I need someone to show me

The gifts in shops that I can't find

I can't see the baubles that make true happiness,

I must be blind

 

Pull a cracker and I will sigh

And you will laugh and I will cry

Paper hats I do not like

And jokes to me are so unreal

 

And so as you hear these words

Telling you now of my state

I tell you to enjoy Christmas –

I wish I could but it's too late!

 

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2022 (with apologies to Black Sabbath) 

No comments: