Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Radioactive

Radioactive

I’ve had this little operation, on the theatre table laid prostrate,
They’ve fixed me up, and I’m good to go, ‘cos they’ve irradiated my prostate.
Yes they treated me with radiation, with hundreds of tiny little seeds,
Now I’m full of alpha particles that will soon provide for all my needs.

I’ve got my own internal power source, which is a most important factor.
Now I’m a little generator, like a tiny nuclear reactor.
This fusion makes me glow in the dark, just like the ad with the Reddy-Brek kid,
And if the nation gets short of power, they’ll just connect me to the National Grid.

Now you’ll see I’ve got a new demeanour, that there’s a special quality to my gaze:
It comes from a sense of inner power – well that, and I’m transmitting gamma rays.
And it’s bound to make me so much fitter, a claim I think you’ll find is fair,
Cause now I can only go out and about if I’m sporting my lead underwear.

And now I’m fit and full of energy, a Geiger-counter provides the metric:
I’m a low-carbon, lean, green machine, and I generate my own electric.
Not only that: there’s something else to tell : this medical advance that’s come to pass,
Means that now I have this inner light, so the sun really does shine out my ass.

These hot spots of uranium provide me with lots of future hope.
It’ll take me decades to decay, thanks to the half-life of my isotope.
There’s only one cloud on the horizon, something that might cause me to frown:
There could perhaps be a nuclear accident, and my innards might go into melt-down.

So just be careful when you come to bury me: it might have to be a very long way down.
You won’t want me in your neighbourhood, so it’ll have to be a long way out of town.
Anyway, there’s only one thing puzzling me: now that I’ve become radio-active,
And that I’m fully solar-powered, will it make me any more attractive?


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2017

No comments: