Search This Blog

Monday 7 August 2017

It

“It”

I was born in the Fifties
Ten years after the end of the war
So my hormones were all going bonkers
Throughout the Sixties and Seventies
Which was when I became obsessed with… “It”

Magazines featured the “It” Girl
Smart people were drinking Gin and “It”
The hippies wanted to know Did I Dig “It”?
But my mind was on a different track…
I didn’t know what “It” was exactly
But I knew that I certainly wanted “It”
And my whole social life revolved around “It”
Out there with the lads, giving “It” some
At dances and discos in pursuit of “It”
Thinking about “It”, talking about “It”
And we admired the girls who had “It”
Though nobody could agree just what “It” was
But we knew whether they had “It” or not
And we despised the ones who were reputed to put “It” about a bit
The girls who’d do “It” with anyone
All the same I wanted to meet just one who wanted “It”
Who was ready for “It” and who’d do “It” with me
Who wouldn’t tell me to Stuff “It”
Who thought that I had “It” too
Until at last “It” finally happened….

And after we’d done “It”
And “It” was all over
I decided that I certainly loved “It”
And I wanted to do “It” again and again
She said “It” would be alright
Even if there was an accident
She would keep “It”, not lose “It”
And we’d bring “It” up together
And that’s how “It” was…

But “It” was all so long ago
Now “It’s” nearly over and I’m advancing in years
So much of “It’s” a distant memory
So hard to believe I ever had “It” at all
Whatever “It” was
I think “It’s” got up and gone


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2017

No comments: