Search This Blog

Friday 4 August 2017

This Door Is Alarmed

This Door Is Alarmed

The notice read “This door is alarmed”
To warn me, as if I should take some particular care,
That this portal was a sensitive creature,
And that I should make no sudden movements,
And, whilst I was obviously very concerned,
I thought I should also point out:
That the window is open – to suggestions
The curtains are drawn – having pulled themselves together
The floor - feels as if it is beneath me
The walls - are simply plastered
The skirting board – is working its way around me
The ceiling - is really over my head
The staircase – is a bit up and down
The TV – is channelling
The dish-washer – is on a new programme
The spin-drier – doesn’t know which way to turn
The fridge – is trying to keep its cool
The beds – are taking it lying down
But at least the lights - are very switched on


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2017

No comments: