Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 October 2018

I'll Do It Tomorrow


(I’ll) Do It Tomorrow

I’m not one for procrastination,
Not wishing to cause myself any sorrow,
But there are a few things that I’d like to put off,
Cause I can always do them - Tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s a wonderful day,
In fact my favourite day of the week,
For Tomorrow never actually arrives,
So we never need climb up that particular peak.

Tomorrow - I’ll do the washing and ironing,
I might even get round to the cleaning,
I could mow the lawn, or get into the garden,
Before life loses all of its meaning.

Tomorrow - I’ll put new batteries into the clock,
Or possibly fit a new washer onto the tap.
Is it worth me learning to play the guitar,
When my previous attempts were so terribly crap?

Tomorrow - I might finally weaken,
And concede that I’ll have to empty the bin -
There’s only so many ways you can squash it down,
In a futile attempt to cram yet more in!

Tomorrow - I’ll throw that yoghurt out of the fridge -
It’s growing penicillin if the truth be to tell.
I’m never going to be  bio-chemist,
And the kitchen is starting to smell.

Tomorrow - I swear I’ll read the instructions,
For all the appliances and things that I own.
There’s a huge pile of the tedious things,
And my collection has certainly grown.

Tomorrow - I’ll pay off the credit-card bill,
Avoid interest, and pay off the balance in full.
I could even complete my tax return,
But that would be incredibly dull!

Tomorrow - I’ll start eating a sensible diet,
And start to cut down my consumption of beer.
I’ll reserve the option to start my exercise regime -
The path to better health’s too obvious and clear.

Tomorrow - I’ll apply for a stair-lift,
Or perhaps invest in funeral plan.
There’s always a chance I’ll get round to it,
Before I finally go down the pan.
  
Tomorrow - I might get into religion,
Look into eternity and all of that.
Tomorrow - I’ll seek out the Jehovah’s Witnesses,
And ask them to pop round for a chat!

Tomorrow - I’ll read right through “Ulysses”,
Then tackle Tolstoy’s classic “War & Peace”.
Tomorrow - I’ll admit I’ve been wrong about something,
Tomorrow!  Tomorrow! Wonders might never cease!

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2018

No comments: