Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Love At A Distance


Love At A Distance

I know that I must keep my distance
And that we cannot be together
So I must admire you from afar
Yet still my skin grows hot
And my temperature rises
When I’m thinking of you

I’m infected with my love of you
So I dutifully stay at home
Locked in and locked down
It’s a way of testing my love
Though the result can only be positive

You may wish to wash your hands of me
Each time for twenty seconds
Whilst singing your favourite song
But I continue with my daily routine
Exercising my right to love you from afar

I Zoom in on your isolation
Peering at the volumes on your bookshelf
Shielding yourself from my infection
Your face masked against my intrusion
So that you cannot breathe me in
Locked down against the world
Safe within your comfort zone

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2020

No comments: