Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2021

The Fairy On The Christmas Tree

The Fairy On The Christmas Tree

I’m the Fairy on The Christmas Tree

I stare down from way up high

And my dress is so very pretty

It almost makes the children cry

 

I’m the brightest of all the baubles

I’m quite the darling sight

I’m the crowning decoration

And I twinkle in the light

 

I’m the Fairy on the Christmas tree

Without me, Christmas wouldn’t be the same

But though they put me up each year

They still haven’t given me a name

 

Sometimes the tinsel gets up my nose

And the needles fall like rain

The smell of pine gets bloody irritating

And it brings upon my migraine

 

I’m the Fairy on the Christmas tree

But it’s not all glamour – please take pity

There’s a downside to this job

Indeed one aspect is quite shitty

 

The twinkling lights can get on your nerves

With each bulb that flashes and flickers

And I can tell you it’s not much fun

Having a six-foot Christmas tree shoved inside your knickers


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: