Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2022

Beware - Heavy Plant Crossing

Beware – Heavy Plant Crossing 

“Beware - Heavy Plant Crossing”

Is one of the oddest notices I’ve found

I see it in the strangest of places

Sometimes when I’m driving around

 

I wonder what it might refer to

A phenomenon completely new

What evasive action I should take

Or what it is I’m supposed to do

 

I have visions of an overweight bush

That’s been stuffing itself on burgers and cheese

With a too-large a Body Mass Index

That’s become clinically obese

 

Or the lead singer of Led Zeppelin

Robert, or Percy, as he was known

Who’s relapsed into a life of indolence

And whose body has obscenely grown?

 

But the comfort I take in these situations

Even though I don’t know what I’d do

Is that I’ve never once seen such plants

So I’m wondering – have you?

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2022

No comments: