Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 August 2022

Three Tampons

Three tampons

I was clearing out the cupboard yesterday

When I found the small green rucksack

The one we used to take when we went out walking

The one I kept when we went our separate ways

And I thought that I would use it once again

So I cleaned it up, and cleared it out

And there inside, within the hidden inner pocket,

I found three tampons that you must have packed

One time, long ago, in case of any accident

Not to be caught short, bleeding, in the countryside

And it made me think how time soon slips by

How easily we forget things, the provisions we once made,

How things that we expected do not come to pass

And how simply one can throw things in the trash

And start again without a second thought

A fresh period in one’s life

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2022

No comments: