Search This Blog

Friday 1 January 2016

Resolution

Resolution

Oh it will be different this time,
And things are going to change around here.
I’ve made up my mind, you see,
As we head out into the New Year.

I’m going to give up on the smoking:
I’ve got no further use for the fags.
No longer will tobacco hold me in thrall:
I’ve taken my very last drags.

I’ll have to cut down on my drinking,
And make no exceptions for beer.
Cause alcohol’s doing me no good,
And chewing up my liver I fear.

And getting much thinner’s a must:
I’m going to lose lots of weight.
I’ll be a quite different person,
When I get down to nine stone eight!

There’s going to be more exercise,
As part of my new daily routine.
I just can’t wait to get on with it -
Yes – I’m really terribly keen!

And I’m going to get my finances in order –
I’ll be saving more, do you hear?
And I’ll be simply rolling in money,
When we get to the end of the year.

It’s just a matter of discipline,
And plotting progress on a chart.
Oh yes, I really mean it this time -
I’m going to make a completely new start.

You’re looking at someone with resolution,
Whatever it costs me in sorrow.
All I have to do is to get started,
But I can worry about that tomorrow!


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2016

No comments: