Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Beware - Heavy Plant Crossing


Beware – Heavy Plant Crossing

“Beware - Heavy Plant Crossing”
Is one of the oddest notices I’ve found
I see it in the strangest of places
Sometimes when I’m driving around

I wonder what it might refer to
A phenomenon completely new
What evasive action I should take
Or what it is I’m supposed to do

I have visions of an overweight bush
That’s been stuffing itself on burgers and cheese
With a too-large a Body Mass Index
That’s become clinically obese

Or the lead singer of Led Zeppelin
Robert, or Percy, as he was known
Who’s relapsed into a life of indolence
And whose body has obscenely grown?

But the comfort I take in these situations
Even though I don’t know what I’d do
Is that I’ve never once seen such plants
So I’m wondering – have you?

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2018

No comments: