Search This Blog

Monday 17 June 2019

I Never Wanted A Dog


I Never Wanted A Dog

I’ve never really wanted a dog
Not even when I was only a sprog
Their barking and general behaviour left me agog
Under the feet if I went for a jog
Getting all messy and running into a bog

As an alternative, I considered a mog
Looked into keeping a hog
Or even a tropical frog
But the choices made my thoughts clog
And put my brain into a fog

Yes it was quite a quag….mire
The whole thing turned into a slog
Then I started using my nog
(I’ve written my thoughts up on my blog)
Yes – I’ve decided to foster a log!

You really ought to try it!
It’s very clean and it’s quiet -
That’s what persuaded me to buy it
And it never ever needs feeding
Precious little attention it’s needing
It doesn’t interrupt when I’m talking
And it never needs walking
But that doesn’t stop folks from gawking
It may be a rather inanimate sprog
But, overall, I’m pleased with my log
No – I never wanted a dog

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2019

No comments: