Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Men In Suits


Men In Suits

Though I’ve been accused of being a shirker
I’ve never felt threatened by a woman wearing a burkha
Or accused of being a blue meanie
By a girl sporting a burkini
And though some say that the hijab, or a niqab
May appear unappealing and drab
Or that there’s not much going for
Those confined to a chador
That something may be lax
For those in yashmaks
That nuns wearing wimples
May be hiding their dimples
Or even a bad case of pimples
I simply don’t get the thing about terror
I think it’s more of a social error

You see - there’s no airs and graces
With those choosing to cover their faces
And I have to report sadly
That none of them treated me as badly
As those who dress up in posh suits
With nice knotted ties, and shiny boots
Like those politicians – the wankers
The City institutions and bankers
Who caused me distress an’
Presided over major recession
Caused mayhem and civil dissension
And thoroughly buggered up my pension
Or turned me straight down for a loan
And talked to me with condescending tone
Or lied to the nation over the despatch box
Then never forced to stand in the dock
With intelligence that he swore
Forced us to go immediately to war

No – the real baddies are in plain sight
And take particular delight
In exercising their power by law
Using the system – that’s what it’s for!
So let’s fight back using a different route
Show the buggers that we do give a hoot
Relieve them of their ill-gotten loot
Let’s reform things, branch and root
And ban anyone who’s wearing a suit!

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2019

No comments: