Search This Blog

Saturday 26 June 2021

Old-Age Wealth

Old-Age Wealth

People told me that as I got older

I’d lose what was left of my health

That with my pension I’d get poorer

And fail to hang on to my wealth

 

But that couldn’t be further from the truth!

That statement’s completely unfair

Cos I’ve loads of gold in my teeth

And silver streaks through my hair

 

My skin’s turned nearly copper

Because I use plenty of oil

I’ve acquired many pearls of wisdom

Through so many years of toil

 

I’ve got crystals in my kidneys

And sugar runs in my blood

There’s platinum in my hip now

Surely that’s got to be good?

 

There’s plenty of iron in my diet

The spinach is not easy to pass

And thanks to all the beans that I’m eating

An inexhaustible supply of natural gas!


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: