Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Watch Batteries Fitted Here

Watch Batteries Fitted Here

I was having a grand day out

Wandering round the market one morn

When I spotted the stall-holder’s notice

That cheered me in the cold light of dawn

 

“Watch batteries fitted here” it said

That’ll be grand entertainment, I thought

So I settled myself in to wait

For the first customer to be caught

 

It was a quiet old morning

With not many punters around

The stall-holder eyed me suspiciously

Standing there, holding my ground

 

“Can I help you?” he asked me forthwith

Pointing to his watches, and his time-keeping ware

His clocks, his straps and his batteries

And his paraphernalia so rare.

 

By now a small crowd had gathered

Anticipating the up-coming show

Waiting for someone to buy something

Fascinated by a craftsman with know-how

 

He was a master performer and artiste

And with a wide range of tools he was kitted

I’d say there’s no greater spectacle

Than to actually watch a battery get fitted

 

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: