Search This Blog

Saturday 24 July 2021

Billionaires In Space

Billionaires In Space

I have to catch the evening rocket

That’ll carry me far into space

It’s a kind of competition you see

A veritable private space-race

 

I’ll sit there in the tiny cockpit

Sitting above several tons of the booster

And if I get to be first to do it

I’ll be able to crow like a rooster

 

For a few seconds I’ll be weightless

As I float above the blue Earth

Something that so few others have done

A visible proof of my net worth

 

They say that space is empty of matter

Leaving the airlock would lead to one’s doom

But I’m quite comfortable up here

Living in my own moral vacuum

 

And as I gaze down on our planet

My heart swells and fills to the max

To think of the millions down there toiling

And so many of them who pay tax!

 

 Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: