Search This Blog

Friday 9 July 2021

Bi-Sauce-ual

Bi-Sauce-ual

I cannot live with myself any longer

I refuse to live the life of a fool

I’ve simply got to come out of the closet

And admit that I am in fact bi-sauce-ual

 

Sometimes I’m feeling so lonely

I’m miserable and I get really down

So when I need sauce upon my meal

There’s nothing else for it but brown

 

But, then, other times, my mood’s much better

And full of happiness I’ll fetch up

I just feel so completely different

And then I know it must be ketchup!

 

For years I’ve pretended to be normal

Sticking clearly to just one sauce

But now I can’t deny my ambivalence

And complete honesty is my only course

 

It’s not something that I’ve pretended

For I know that I was simply born this way

Clearly I was still in the closet

Consuming just one sauce each day

 

But now I’ve confessed to my true nature

I’m feeling all liberated and free

I can flip-flop my savoury tastes at will

Between Heinz 57 and the blessed HP

 

I mean - brown or red? – what does it matter?

To be judged only by the colour of our sauce

We all need to be a lot less prejudiced

And I think more tolerant of course!


Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: