Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Rebounding

Rebounding

I simply cannot lie quite still

And take the heavy weight

Bearing down upon me

Allowing myself to be crushed

The breath choked out of me

Until blackness overcomes

 

Nor will I be defeated

Or lose my self-belief

Nor have my spirit broken

For I will fight back every time

Against defeat and disappointment

Despair and deep depression

And I will get back up

And lift up my eyes

To stare back into the faces

Of those who dare to put me down

 

I will re-new, re-start, re-boot

Re-fresh and re-assess

Taking in my stride

Whatever weighs upon me

Re-framing things

In their right proportion

And regain correct perspective

 

For I am better than this

So I will dust off the dirt of disappointment

And reassert my determination

Showing my resilience

By picking up the fallen pieces

And replacing the rose-tinted glasses

Upon my smiling face

 

Copyright Andy Fawthrop 2021

No comments: